According to the Centers for Disease Control, about third of US adults report that they usually get less than the recommended amount of sleep.
Risks of not getting enough sleep
- Not getting enough sleep is linked with many chronic diseases and conditions—such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and depression—that threaten our nation’s health.
- Not getting enough sleep can lead to motor vehicle crashes and mistakes at work, which cause a lot of injury and disability each year.
- Getting enough sleep is not a luxury—it is something people need for good health. Sleep disorders can also increase a person’s risk of health problems.
- However, these disorders can be diagnosed and treated, bringing relief to those who suffer from them using sleep studies.
Sleep Medicine Doctor NYC, NJ, and PA
- W8MD’s Sleep Center NYC Highlights
- We pride ourselves in providing the latest and highest quality sleep medicine care in NYC
- Our medical director, Prab R. Tumpati, MD is board certified in sleep medicine
- Our sleep doctors in NYC are experienced and well versed in treated any of the over 80 different sleep disorders
- We offer fast and often same week appointments unlike many others with long waiting lists
- We have convenient evening and weekend hours for sleep medicine services
- We also offer medically supervised, non-surgical weight loss program
- We integrate a wellness and medical aesthetic program
- We have two convenient locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn
- We answer our phones 24/7
- Call 718 946 5500 to learn more to make an appointment