- Did your doctor say you need a sleep study in New York City, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or surrounding areas and you need a sleep clinic?
- Are you tired of the long wait times with many hospital based sleep centers?
- Do you need a board certified sleep doctor to help diagnose or treat any sleep disorder in New York City?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, W8MD can help.
Sleep disorder management NYC
Sleep studies NYC
Sleep studies monitor the following
- Brain wave changes (in lab studies)
- Eye movements
- Breathing rate
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate and electrical activity of the heart and other muscles
Other types of sleep studies may check how quickly you fall asleep during daytime naps or whether you are able to stay awake and alert during the day.
Sleep disorders management
Sleep Clinic NYC
Common sleep disorders and the treatment options
- Good sleep habits
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or relaxation techniques
- CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) for sleep apnea
- Bright light therapy for delayed sleep phase syndrome
- For insomnia, in addition to behavior therapy, there are prescription and non-prescription medications such as melatonin, Zolpidem (Ambien), Zaleplon (Sontata), Eszopiclone (Lunesta) etc.